Sprinkler Douses Fire at Rochester Assisted Living Complex
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - The Rochester Fire Department is crediting a sprinkler system in preventing further damage from a late afternoon blaze at an apartment complex.
The fire was reported around 5:30 PM Friday at the Oakridge Apartments at 539 N. Broadway.
The Fire Dept. says the kitchen fire was extinguished by a single sprinkler head. The cause was blamed on combustible items that were near the stovetop. Damage to the second floor unit was listed at $20,000.
According to the Fire Dept. press release, “This was a great example of a save by a sprinkler system. This fire had the potential to spread past the stove area but was stopped by the automatic sprinkler.”
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App //krocam.com/app/ – available on Apple and Android devices.