New Changes in Downtown Rochester’s Road Maze
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Are you ready for the next phase of the 4th St SW reconstruction project in downtown Rochester, an area that is nearly impossible to drive, bike or ride in?
Ready or not, the city Public Works Dept. says new impacts in the zone are scheduled to begin Monday.
Here they are:
- 4th Avenue SW will be completely closed from 3rd Street SW to 5th Street SW
- 3rd Avenue SW will reopen one-way northbound from 6th Street SW north
- 1st Avenue SW from 3rd Street SW to 4th Street SW will be two-way traffic with a dead-end at the intersection of 4th Street SW and 1st Avenue SW. Access will remain for the 3rd Street Parking Ramp and businesses.
- 1st Avenue SW from 4th Street SW to 5th Street SW will be two-way traffic with a dead-end at the intersection of 4th Street SW and 1st Avenue SW. Access will remain for businesses.
- 4th Street SW from Broadway to 1st Avenue SW will not allow through traffic or access to the 3rd Street Parking Ramp or 1st Avenue SW businesses. Local traffic only for businesses located on 4th Street SW will be allowed.
- 4th Street SW will be completely closed to both westbound and eastbound traffic between 4th Avenue SW and 5th Avenue SW. On weekends, access to the church will be provided via 4th Street SW.
- 4th Street SW from 5th Avenue SW to 7th Avenue SW will be eastbound only traffic.
- 6th Avenue SW will remain a one-way southbound traffic from 3rd Street SW to 5th Street SW.
- 5th Avenue SW will remain a one-way northbound traffic from 3rd Street SW to 5th Street SW. The 6th Avenue SW intersection will remain open.
Wait - there’s more!
Work associated with the Residence at Discovery Square project will require 4th Avenue SW to be closed to through traffic between 5th and 6th streets, beginning Monday. The roadway is scheduled to reopen to traffic by Sunday, September 23rd. Access to all properties will be maintained during this closure.
News update: Recent area traffic wrecks claims another life.