Signs Your Coworkers Hate You
I really enjoy the team I work with and I hope they like me too. I know it's impossible to be liked by everyone, but I try to create a good relationship with my co-workers because it makes coming to work a lot more fun. Do you ever wonder if your co-workers like you or secretly despise you?
National workplace expert Lynn Taylor told Business Insider, "Most coworkers won't overtly show their disdain for you so as not to cause trouble or jeopardize their own careers. Still, there are subtle red flags that they're not out for your best interests."
Taylor says you want to know what they are so you can spot them if they're there, and then try to improve things. She says these are some red flags to look for:
- Your gut tells you they don't like you.
- They constantly stare at you.
- They don’t acknowledge your presence.
- They feed the rumor mill about you.
- They never ask about your personal life.
- They constantly disagree with you and shoot down your ideas.
- They don't ever include you in their office bantering or humor.
- They create cliques that are reminiscent of high school.
- They try to encourage you to leave the company.
- They throw you under the bus.
- They never make you or your work a priority.
Read more here.